Love you guys!

Naked, nude, stripped and sex


Are you offended by nudity? Honestly, I do not. I think everyone has the right to feel good at themselves. We are supposed to feel beautiful aren't we? Before I go further, may I stressed out that I am not playing truant with my belief or have any intention to offend other or any religion belief.

The Drunkenness of Noah, Sistine Chapel ceiling fresco by
Michelangelo.

Being raised in an Islamic and Asian cultured community have really taken tolls in our mindset. Nudity and sex are the definite taboo to be talk out loud. We are suppose to be gained the knowledge by ourself and somehow be expert about it just in time before we get marriage. Strange and funny isn't it? Sadly enough it is true.
Although "nude", "naked", "stripped", and other terms have the same objective meaning (i.e., not covered by clothing), they have differing subjective connotations, which partly match their differing etymologies. The book Nude, Naked, Stripped suggests that these three terms define a continuum ranging from artistic or tasteful absence of clothing by choice, at one end, to a forced or mandatory condition of being without clothes (e.g., a strip search), at the other. In general, a "nude" person is unclad by choice and is generally shameless; a "naked" person is involuntarily caught undressed and is generally embarrassed.
It is religious opinion that a naked body is indecent. It is religious opinion that sex is lewd. It is a common religious opinion that sex and nudity are equal, though others that are not religious may feel that the two are equal. Exactly how is someone harmed by you being naked? Anyone?
As the matter of fact, I were brought in an open minded family. My brothers and I were always be given opportunity to express our opinion. However, we still do not talk openly about nakedness and sexuality. The furthers i can remember talking about sex is when I was 16 years old and my mum said something like this, "I don't stop you from seeing girls, but I must warn you not to splashing any bad color to our family name." Hurm.. Does she made any sense?

In other words, what my mum was trying to says is "Do not make other girl pregnant". Of course my immediate reaction was [being a shy child] just got up from there and went to my room. lol. Seriously, what suppose I do? Well, after another 4 years of living, I reflected back at the moment and thinking that I should really say something like this, "Sure mum. But if just in case I am in the mood of getting sex, what necessary action of protection should I take so that my girlfriend won't be 'pregnanted' by me?"

Err.. Are you out of your mind?? I won't by any means saying those words even at any desperate moment such as when my cat is trying to drink my coffee. Why? Because no matter how open I were brought up, I still have a large social and culture walls to be torn apart. It is totally different with my cousin though. He has been living in LA since he was a baby and only coming home to Malaysia at the age of 15. Which means 15 years of living in a different culture. Plus with parents that is really really open minded. They even talk about sex in dinner table, if that helps. I know, it gross.
"I honestly don't understand the big fuss made over nudity and sex in films. It's silly. On TV, the children can watch people murdering each other, which is a very unnatural thing, but they can't watch two people in the very natural process of making love. Now, really, that doesn't make any sense, does it?"
Back to nudity, as Sharon Tate said as quoted in Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders (2000) by Greg King above, movie is one of the main source of public nudity in our life. [of course this by this I mean just in Malaysia and please just ignore the fact that we can surf internet at any time by all odds] My buddies and I were watching American Pie 6, Beta House which really enjoyable and funnier as usual. [which I might want to give it a review just after I watch I am Legend this Christmas's eve] The point is, American Pies as we all know have a lot of nudity, which is cool if I am watching with my male buddies. We laugh and really having fun together. Which bring me to the second point. Are we aroused by watching female nudity publicly? The correct answer for a normal person should be NO.
At the first moment we saw a naked figure, we will be aroused by it. However, the more common your saw them, your will not. By a kink in human psychology, the act of revealing skin or even removing clothes, even when only to show another covering layer, is often regarded at least as erotic or offensive as the actual sight of bare skin.
"The fear that seeing naked people in some way harms children is not supported, however, by academic research. The small handful of studies on this topic in psychology and sociology have shown, instead, that children reared in an atmosphere containing family social nudity may benefit from the practice." -Mark Storey in Children, Social Nudity and Scholarly Study
Honestly, I always think on movie or on stage nudity is disgusting, shameful and damaging to all things. But if I were 22 with a great body, it would be artistic, tasteful, patriotic and a progressive religious experience. lol. Anyway, for all my un-open-minded-yet readers, please stop referring nude, naked, stripped and other same meaning terms with sex. It is related, but not all the time.


[bluecrystaldude]
P.S: I have changed back to my old name, if you haven notice. Thanks for reading.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin View blog reactions

5 comments:

Peace said...

It all depends on how you look at it and the person itself. The person knows best.

True it is an art, beautiful and can be inspiring and inspirational. I agree with you to some extent.

bluecrystaldude said...

Thanks. I am already constructing a new post about human and body art. Keep on comment~

waliz said...

thanks for giving me a visit tht day..
and for yr post ab nudity..i think i can accept it..and for me there is nothing wrong wth it..u can show it all and it shows u r confident wth yrself and man u really have to have lot of guts to do tht!

bluecrystaldude said...

yup. I totally agree with you. Nudist/exhibitioner always known for their high self confidence and being able to feel the comfort of their own skin. Thanks to you back waliz

Unknown said...

I think it is not so much the words, as it is the way a person interprets them. You can take a photo of a woman nude or even scantily clothed and each individual will have a different thought and/or reaction to the same photo. What one person perceives as offensive my not offend the other. Old moralistic rules definitely play a role in molding thoughts about nudity most certainly. My bottom line on nudity is..if it makes you feel uncomfortable that is totally understandable. One should not be chastised or labelled because they do not share the same thoughts as another.

Post a Comment


Comments posted on Hot Shit Form Here are not moderated. Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam. Oh and don't forget to "subscribe by email" to follow up my comments. Thanks - bluecrystaldude